COMPETITION RULES FOR BASKETRY OF THE YEAR
1 One single object per entrant (small groups of objects are not accepted)
2 Entry must have been made in the last 12 months and not exhibited elsewhere
3 Object must be able to fit inside a 60cm cube (maximum)
4 Send 5 good images of the object, with one view of the inside base, one view of the outside base, one close-up of the side, one clear photo of the border, and one photo of the whole item.
Send these 5 photos by ‘WeTransfer’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Each entry must have the following Information with it:
• Name of piece (without maker’s identification on it, to ensure anonymous judging)
• Name of maker
• BA Membership number (or say if you are a Yeoman Member)
• Date made
• Technique(s) used
• Materials used
• Dimensions (metric)
• Price (for sale or for insurance purposes)
• Full contact details, including your address, phone number and email address
• Brief statement giving full permission for the Worshipful Company, the Worshipful Company’s Charity and the Basketmakers’ Association to use your images for publicity and future projects.
6 Last date for entry is XX XXXX 2020(No entries will be accepted after this date)
7 Judging is in early June 2020. All entrants will be informed of the result in late June. Up to 8 entries (6 UK & 2 International) will be chosen from all those submitted. These makers will be asked to post in their pieces by a specific date. Four (3 UK and 1 International) will be chosen to receive prizes. Postage costs will be reimbursed by the Charity provided a receipt is available.
8 The 3 UK prize winners will be invited with a guest to the Banquet at the Mansion House on the XXX September 2020 to receive their prizes and a certificate. Banqueting tickets and travel costs are paid for by the Worshipful Company’s Charity (but not accommodation). The international winner will be offered tickets for the banquet (but not travel or accommodation expenses).
9 All prize-winning pieces become the property of the Worshipful Company. They will be auctioned at an event later in the year, and monies obtained will be for the Worshipful Companies’ Charity.
10 The 2 overall winners are not allowed to re-enter the competition for three years.